This is a hydrating wash-off mask, with soothing and anti-inflammatory ground mugwort. It is a highly concentrated gel formula that feels like a paste.
This paste-like formation helps to preserve the active ingredients of mugwort to deliver the acne-fighting benefits directly to the skin.
Was it effective at hydrating my skin? Yes, the Mugwort Mask is very hydrating! It increased my skin hydration by 21%! I love using this mask for my acne-prone skin.
Skin Advisor’s take:
What I liked about Mugwort Mask
- 💦 The Mugwort Mask is very hydrating! It increased my skin hydration by 21%, similar to the Hydration Mask (55% vs 57% hydration).
- 🧖🏻♀There’s some difference in the Oiliness, the Mugwort reduced oiliness by 10% whereas the Hydrating Mask reduced oiliness by 7%. I washed my face after taking the “Before” measurement, so I would attribute a lot of the oil reduction from my cleansing before the masks
- I would definitely recommend it for acne-prone, irritated or dehydrated skin like mine. The gel/paste was great for when I have active pimples because it will not add oil and make things worse.
- Due to the paste-like texture, it is very thick and doesn’t drip while you are using it. I was comfortable that it wouldn’t drip onto my clothes during the application.
- Using the Mugwort Mask after a detox clay mask felt amazing. By using a clay mask first to unclogs my pores, then the Mugwort mask works very effectively to hydrate and soothe my skin. Excellent to treat active acne!
What I disliked about Mugwort Mask:
- This mask can be a bit difficult to wash off. The first time I used it, I accidentally left it on for too long and it was quite dry by the time I washed it. This made the mask quite difficult to wash off, especially the dried-on mugwort bits. For reference, I left it for 30 minutes, 15-20 min is recommended. Definitely doesn’t stop me from using this mask as the benefits outweigh this.
- – 🌿 Mugwort Mask’s gel/paste formulation has less oil content than the creamier hydrating masks. If you have dry skin, I would recommend a creamier mask instead such as this Celltrex Recovery Sheet Mask.
How it works & benefits:
What is mugwort and its benefits?
Mugwort is a popular ingredient in Korean skincare because of its anti-inflammatory and skin-soothing characteristics. It is especially beneficial for dry, acne-prone skin because it effectively hydrates and reduces redness.
Mugwort is a plant and it’s leaves have been used in traditional medicine for hundreds of years so it’s effects have been revered. With modern skincare technology, mugwort is distilled into extracts to infuse it’s benefits into the skin. For me, “mugwort” sounds like an ingredient from Harry Potter’s potions class.
Benefits of the Mugwort Mask
The I’m From Mugwort Mask is a wash-off mugwort face mask that is full of antioxidant ingredients to calm and soothe the skin. I found that it was good at reducing irritation and redness through its natural calming effects of the mugwort.
The mask incorporates ground mugwort, which is one of the things that sets it apart from other mugwort masks. It feels very natural as I can see and feel the natural texture of the mugwort. The mask contains powdered mugwort as well as concentrated extract so that you get the full benefits of it into your skin.
I would definitely recommend this mask for acne-prone skin or if you suffer from hormonal acne. It is great for treating “Maskne” too – the acne or irritation from wearing 😷. Overall, I love the Mugwort Mask as I find it hydrating and generally just very comforting! 😌
How to use the mugwort mask:
It is very easy to use the Mugwort Mask, you simply apply a scoop to the face and wash off after 15-20 minutes. It includes a scoop in the mask so you have everything you need to start using it, which is helpful.
I found it was a little difficult to rinse off the dried mugwort bits if I left the mask to dry on my skin too much. To make it easier to clean off the mask, I recommend moistening the mask first with a soft, damp cloth and gently cleaning it off. I found it most convenient to wash this mask off in the shower. 🚿
Using the Mugwort Mask to treat acne or using it on acne-prone skin:
I highly recommend trying a detox clay mask before using Mugwort Mask if you have acne-prone skin like mine. Doing this is very beneficial for treating maskne! I love using a clay mask before so that it unclogs my pore first, and then the Mugwort mask can add lots of hydration and soothe my skin.
I did this clay-then-mugwort mask routine when my skin was a little congested. This is exactly what happened last week and I had a bad hormonal breakout episode.
I used a detox clay mask first to decongest to get my skin nice and clean. After this, I used a generous amount of I’m From’s Mugwort Mask (2 scoops).
After doing the “double-masking” process, my skin was supple, nourished and so comfortable. I really enjoyed the cooling sensation from the Mugwort Mask after using a detox clay mask like this Glacial Marine Mud mask. 😌 My skin just felt amazing! 💆🏻
Do I recommend I’m From’s Mugwort Mask?
I would definitely recommend this mask! It has quickly become a staple in my weekly routine. I love the I can use it when I have acne breakouts and it’s helped to reduce the redness and irritation in my skin.
This mask has a lot of rave reviews on Wishtrend and on Instagram and it lives up to the hype!
I’m From Mugwort Mask Ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Artemisia Princeps Leaf Powder, 1,2-Hexanediol, Cordyceps Sinensis Extract, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Methylpropanediol, Ligularia Fishceri Leaf Extract, Rosa Davurica Bud Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Sodium Polyacrylaste, Carbomer, Arginine, Phenoxyethanol, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Panthenol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA
About the “I’m From” Brand:
I’m From is a skincare brand that focuses on using the benefits of natural and traditional Korean skincare ingredients and turning them into effective skincare. They have three promises: ingredient transparency, honest materials, and the use of no harmful additives.
From the four different I’m From products that I have used, they are gentle yet effective which is great because products for acne-prone skin can sometimes be quite harsh and drying. I love the way they highlight traditional Korean ingredients, such as mugwort, and many of their lines have risen as cult favourite for those in the skincare community. I am always excited and keen to try their products when they launch new ones.
I’m From Mugwort Mask
45% off with Affiliate Code KELLYWT15 (Original US $35)
Other articles you might be interested in:
- Benefits of Mugwort: Thing you need to know
- Effective pore-unclogging clay mask: Glacial Marine Mud Mask
- Cleansing device for sensitive, acne-prone skin: Lumispa Review
- What causes acne?