I have acne-prone sensitive skin and I was thrilled to be sent the Team Acney Box from Wishtrend with a lot of products I’ve not tried before.
There were some hits and some misses in this box, in equal measure. I really liked a couple of the products, but I found some to be disappointing or very meh. 🤷🏻♀️ Read my detail review below to see which products in the Team Acney Box I would recommend and purchase myself and which ones I would not.
This is what is included in the Team Acney Box that Wishtrend had put together:
- COSRX Good Morning Gel Cleanser
- Rovectin Lotus Water Calming Toner
- Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop
- By Wishtrend Sulfur 3% Clean Gel
- Klairs Blue Calming Cream 60ml
- Rovectin Aqua Soothing UV Protector
- By Wishtrend Clear Skin Shield Patch
I was given 1 week to try the products before I had to provide the review, so this is my honest opinion after using them for a short time. There are some products that I have purchased and used previously, I will make that clear in my review which ones these are and my opinion of the product will be based on me having used those for a significant amount of time.
Skincare Advisor’s take
Here is my honest reviews of each product in Wishtrend’s Team Acney Box:
COSRX Good Morning Gel Cleanser
What I liked about COSRX Good Morning Gel Cleanser
- My favourite product of the box, this is a great cleanser for acne-prone skin. It is gentle on the skin and doesn’t strip my skin unlike a lot of cleansers that are designed for my acne-prone skin type.
- I like that it’s formulated with tea tree oil and natural BHA, which has helpful for fighting acne. It manages to be gentle and effective at the same time.
- I love that you can use it on dry skin and the gel texture feels very satisfying to use. It was very easy to emulsify into a smooth, rich foam when I moistened my hands ran it over my face.
- I also liked that it was easy to wash off without any residue. My skin felt refreshed and comfortable after using it, without the squeaky clean or tight feeling.
- Good value: It’s a large tube with 150 ml of product that I think will last at least 3-6 months as I will only be using it in the morning (or at night on makeup-free days).
What I didn’t like about the Good Morning Gel Cleanser:
- Before I started using it, I thought it was strange that the instructions said this was a cleanser to be used “in the morning” and not both morning and night. The cleanser has Tea Tree leaf oil which has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties and it’s thought to calm acne. But, this also means that if you get it into your eyes, it will sting your eyes.
- If you have very sensitive eyes, maybe even the smell of tea tree might sting. So I would not recommend this to anyone with sensitive eyes.
- So if you are removing your make up at night and you also want to use cleanser around the eyes to get the last of your oil cleanser and makeup off, this is not suitable for doing that.
Would I recommend it to a friend? Yes, but only those without sensitive eyes.
Rovectin Lotus Water Calming Toner
What I liked about the Lotus Water Calming Toner:
- It’s hydrating and gentle with 40% Lotus Water and Lotus Flower Extract. But not especially hydrating, it’s very standard.
- It’s watery texture means it’s very flexible in how you use it: as a toner, as a mist or to be used as a DIY sheet mask or toner pads.
- Suitable for sensitive skin and uses all EWG Green Grade ingredients which means no nasties. It’s pregnancy and new mum-safe.
What I didn’t like about the Lotus Water Calming Toner:
- It didn’t do much for me. Yes, it is hydrating but all watery toners are hydrating!
- There’s other toners that I like better because in addition to hydration they contain ingredients that reduces acne or reduce hyperpigmentation from acne scarring (like those with propolis).
- I don’t expect it to wow anyone! There’s nothing wrong with it, but it doesn’t stand out.
Would I recommend it to a friend? Yes I would, BUT only to use it as a mist or if they have not tried Korean toners before as this is suitable for all skin types. Don’t expect any wow.
Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop
What I liked about the Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop:
- When I use Vitamin C products, I tend to break out. I like that in the instructions that it said to use 1 drop mixed with another serum if you have sensitive skin. This is very good advice that I hadn’t thought about doing before.
- I didn’t break out from it, which is good. This might be due to the diluted method it suggested.
- It has my favourite soothing ingredient Centella Asiatica (aka Cica) which is 6th ingredient on the list.
- For a serum containing 5% Vitamin C to be under $15 USD, this is great for people who want to use Vitamin C in their skincare without spending too much money. Similar products will be more expensive than this. Contains Vitamin C at a concentration of 5%, where the studies show that anything from 1% to 20% Vitamin C is effective.
What I didn’t like about the Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop:
- I didn’t see any improvement in my pigmentation but, I have only used it for 1 week. I will need to continue using it for longer to see if there are any effects.
Would I recommend it to a friend? Don’t know yet, as I have used it for a short time at low concentration and I have not see any results for now. Until I see results, I would not be recommending it personally as I only recommend products I really like and have seen results from on myself or someone I know.
By Wishtrend Sulfur 3% Clean Gel
I purchased this myself 6 months ago but received another one in this box.
What I liked about the By Wishtrend Sulfur 3% Clean Gel
- It didn’t have any smell or and it’s fragrance-free – I was expecting Sulfur to really smell bad. 😂
What I didn’t like about the Sulfur 3% Clean Gel:
- This is a spot treatment that didn’t improve my pimples in any way. I used it lots of time on lots of different pimples and it didn’t help any more than if I left them.
- I didn’t finish this and did not continue using it.
Would I recommend it to a friend? No.
By Wishtrend Clear Skin Shield Patch
What I liked about the By Wishtrend Clear Skin Shield Patch:
- They are thinner around the edge and have a slightly thicker layer in the middle. I find this style helps with making a more seamless edge while the middle can suck out the juice from my pimples.
- This is now my Go-To patches for video calls as you can’t see them on the video calls, they are semi-matt like our skin and the thin edges makes the hard to detect on video.
- I like that they have 3 sizes in one pack and not all are round.
There is a longer shape that works great for when there’s 2 pimples that are too close together for 2 patches but too far for 1 patch. This long shape is great!
What I didn’t like about the Clear Skin Shield Patch
- Like all pimple patches, you can still see them with the naked eye.
Would I recommend it to a friend? Yes, they are especially good for people work from home and use video calls!
Klairs Blue Calming Cream 60ml
I have purchased this cream myself in the past on Wishtrend and I was happy to get another with this box!
What I liked about the Klairs Blue Calming Cream:
- I love the texture and the consistency! It’s thick without being sticky and gets absorbed well, and it makes my skin feel protected.
- It doesn’t cause me to breakout but it’s suitable for my hubby’s very dry skin that’s prone to redness. I’ve noticed that with consistent use, it’s helped his skin be much less red and less prone to irritations.
- You can use this as an overnight mask on top of a moisturiser for extra hydration and protection.
- I like the ingredients in this cream, it has Centella Asiatica extract that treats irritations and blemishes, and chamomile soothes dry, irritated skin and promotes cell regeneration.
What I didn’t like about the Blue Calming Cream:
- There’s nothing I can think of!
Would I recommend it to a friend? Yes! For those with acne-prone and sensitive or dry skin, this cream works well!
Rovectin Aqua Soothing UV Protector – 100% mineral sunscreen
What I liked about the Rovectin Aqua Soothing UV Protector:
- It doesn’t pill under make up so you can apply make up on top without worrying (which you would probably want to do to cover the white caste!).
- As it’s a mineral sunscreen, it’s good for people with sensitivity to chemical filter sunscreen.
What I didn’t like about the Aqua Soothing UV Protector:
- It has a definite white cast which i didn’t like. I knew this would happen as this sunscreen is 100% mineral sunscreen. You can see the difference in my hands between the one I have sunscreen on and the one I don’t.
- It takes a while to absorb into my skin, it takes some rubbing. I find that if I sunscreen takes a lot of rubbing to be absorbed, I use less of it which is bad! So I personally stick to chemical filters so that I use the proper amount.
Would I recommend it to a friend? No, there’s better physical sunscreens out there. Most people would be put off by how the sunscreen makes their skin colour look different.
You can purchase all of the products in this box for US $75.90, the individual items are $138 so it’s a big 40% saving. You can get an additional 15% OFF with my affiliate code KELLYWY15.
There are gifts for first 50 purchasers of each box
– Not A Flaw sweatshirt in size M/L
– Free Shipping code for any checkout amount
Other articles you might be interested in: