It’s hydrating and good for sensitive skin, eczema and rosacea. It is a very good moisturizer to help heal the skin’s barrier, if you need some recovery time from using too many active products (including exfoliating acids or antioxidants).
This is how I started using Nu Skin’s NaPCA moisturizer. I have found myself coming back to use this moisturizer again and again as it’s a very good base that I know will not irritate my skin and will protect it.
Check out my review of NaPCA Moisture Mist.
How it works
- Sodium PCA (NaPCA) helps our skin get hydrated through attracting moisture from the air to our skin.
- It is also a natural humectant (retains moisture) by binding many times its own weight in water molecules to itself.
- These two properties effectively allow for the skincare product to both attract and retain more moisture
- The formulation of this moisturiser is non-greasy and ideal for those who are starting to use skincare for the first time or have very sensitive skin.
- It doesn’t have any SPF so if you are using it as a day cream, you need to add an additional SPF.
- This moisturizer contains vitamin E, royal jelly, and the natural humectant NaPCA, it penetrates quickly to supplement skin’s own moisture-binding capacity.
- If your skin barrier is compromised, eg from acne, overusing chemical exfoliants, or if you have sensitive skin, this is ideal. It’s suitable for all skin types.
- Sodium PCA is derived from the fermentation of soybeans.
Skincare Advisor’s Take:
- I love the fact that this moisturiser helps me skin build and strengthen my skin’s barrier function. My skin is sensitive to Vitamin C products but I still use it occasionally to reduce hyperpigmentation. When I have used too much Vitamin C and my skin becomes slightly sensitive, I go back to using this NaPCA moisturiser. Its aloe vera and other ingredients are hydrating and non-irritating.
- Good for layering other skincare with this, such as serums, as it is non-reactive to other ingredients.
- If you have dry skin or if the weather where you live is very cold, you might not find this rich enough as it is very light.
- Doesn’t have any anti-aging ingredients, it’s purely for hydration and skin barrier repair. So I don’t use this continuously for a long period as I want to add anti-aging ingredients into my skincare.
- More expensive than other basic moisturisers.
Nu Skin NaPCA Moisturizer
20% OFF with Affiliate Link ($34 Original)